In order to show you have learned from the training, you must also complete all 4 missions. These may sound like massive tasks but if you are taking an active role in your section then you might have completed them already!
Below it explains what you have to do to complete this mission as well as how to get it signed off.
What you have to do
Take responsibility for organising and running part of the section programme.
This mission should include:
- planning and organising a selection of activities on a theme
- delivery of those activities
- evaluation and review of the activities with the section
To complete this mission, you could:
- plan and run a linking event with either the section above or the section below, working with the leaders of the sections above and below to arrange everything
- plan an event, night or activity, ensuring it is appropriate for the age range of the young people, and is well-suited to the venue
- include members of the section in the running of an evening
- plan and run a Challenge Award with the young people, ideally choosing one that either has not already been achieved by anyone in the section, or which has been achieved by the fewest members
- plan the monthly, termly or yearly programme of activities needed to achieve the award
- plan a camp for the section (under the supervision of a leader with a Nights Away Permit)
- help the young people in the section to explore a particular topic, or to develop some specific skills
- any other ideas, subject to agreement with the ESLYL and SLThis could be done in a virtual section meeting too!EvidenceTo show you have completed these tasks we ask you to write a little bit about your experience and upload it to [email protected]Fill in the Mission 4 page of your logbook.If you don’t have a logbook then please write an answer to each of the following questions:
- What did you do to complete mission 4?
- What went well?
- What did you learn?
- What would you do differently next time?