Being a Squirrel
Squirrels is a completely new provision for 4–5 year olds. There are plenty of reasons to get stuck in, as Squirrels gives young people the chance to:
- Make friends
- Have fun outdoors
- Learn new things
- Earn badges through fun activities
Find your local Group
- Search by Postcode
- 1st Knowsley (Earl of Derby’s Own)
- 1st St Helens (YMCA)
- 1st Whiston & Huyton Scout Group
- 2nd St Helens (Eccleston Park)
- 4th St Helens (St Ann’s)
- 5th St Helens (Rainhill Open)
- 6th St Helens (Parr)
- 8th St Helens (Sutton Parish)
- 10th St Helens (Rainford)
- 11th St Helens (Toll Bar)
- 15th St Helens (St Andrews)
- 16th St Helens (St Thomas)
- 18th St Helens (Haydock)
- 21st St Helens (Newton-Le-Willows)
- 23rd St Helens (Eccleston)
- 25th St Helens (Billinge)
- 26th St Helens (Blackbrook)
- Explorers-Windle Wombles
- Explorers-Sutton Scorpions
- Explorers-Haydock Phoenix
The Squirrels have a smart look, and a perfect place to sew those well earned badges. Take a peak at what’s available for the Squirrels to wear.
Take a sneak peak at the amazingly adventurous, fun packed, skills building programme.
Completing awards challenges you to do more, learn more and be more. See what’s on offer and start your journey to the top.
Become an expert in something you love, or try something shiny and new. There’s a badge to suit each and every Squirrel.
Moving up to Beavers
Eventually, it’ll be time to say goodbye to Squirrels and explore your next big adventure with Beavers.
All of our leaders are trained volunteers, working to make sure Scouting is safe and open to all. Some lead the Drey week in and week out. Others visit occasionally to help run a session or drop in to share their skills. No matter how much time you have to spare, find out about volunteering on your own terms.