Try more. See more. Do more. At Explorers, you’ll stand on your own two feet, and make memories to last a lifetime.
Being an Explorer
When you join Explorers, you’ll be introduced to lots of new activities, people and things.
Activities and what you’ll get up to
With the support, direction and guidance of Unit leaders, you’ll be encouraged to lead yourselves, design your own programme and work towards the top awards that Scouting offers. With exciting prospects like being a part of camps and expeditions both home and abroad; adventurous activities such as mountaineering, water sports and climbing; Explorers offers fun and adventure for all.
Explorers start small but think big, always challenging themselves to do more and be more. It all starts with an award.
As a values based movement we all make the ‘The Promise’ an oath that helps us to be our best
Moving to Network
Eventually, it’ll be time embrace your next big adventure.
Uniform and badge placement
You don’t need a uniform to join Explorers. But once you’ve settled in, you’ll start speedily earning badges, and you’ll need to know where to put them.
All of our leaders are trained volunteers, working to make sure Scouting is safe, inclusive and accessible. Some lead the Pack week in and week out. Others visit occasionally to help run a session or drop in to share their skills.
Find your local Group
- Search by Postcode
- 1st Knowsley (Earl of Derby’s Own)
- 1st St Helens (YMCA)
- 1st Whiston & Huyton Scout Group
- 2nd St Helens (Eccleston Park)
- 4th St Helens (St Ann’s)
- 5th St Helens (Rainhill Open)
- 6th St Helens (Parr)
- 8th St Helens (Sutton Parish)
- 10th St Helens (Rainford)
- 11th St Helens (Toll Bar)
- 15th St Helens (St Andrews)
- 16th St Helens (St Thomas)
- 18th St Helens (Haydock)
- 21st St Helens (Newton-Le-Willows)
- 23rd St Helens (Eccleston)
- 25th St Helens (Billinge)
- 26th St Helens (Blackbrook)
- Explorers-Windle Wombles
- Explorers-Sutton Scorpions
- Explorers-Haydock Phoenix